Increased complexity in construction projects and the strong trend towards digitalization and Building Information Modeling (BIM) in the Building Construction industry make digital layout methods and processes crucial. Facilitating the move from conventional analogue measurement methods to modern digital layout techniques, Leica Geosystems developed the easy-to-use construction layout tool Leica iCON iCT30 to bring digital and automated layout technology to any construction site.
The iCON iCT30 construction layout tool combined with the construction-tailored Leica iCON build field software is an easy-to-use and affordable solution to increase productivity by minimizing labour time and mistakes, and on the other hand, increasing accuracy and speed.
The iCON iCT30 allows users to:
- Move away from conventional analogue layout methods and easily adopt modern digital layout
- Increase productivity due to one-person operation of the iCON iCT30
- Layout lines for various foundation, structure and building exterior applications
- Layout interior drywall and insulation installations
- MEP layout of hanger locations for HVAC and duct work, inserts and slits for sheet metal work
- Fully automatic layout routines of points on floor or ceiling and lines for pipe wall penetrations
- Effectively do as-built checks and control measurements in vertical construction
With a measurement range of up to 80 m and an angular accuracy of 9”, the iCT30 meets most requirements for layout applications. Forget about disturbances such as reflections, interruptions of line of sight or congestions that slow down the layout process. The iCT30 is specifically developed to robustly deal with difficult site conditions.
The iCON iCT 30 features:
- 4 buttons keyboard for simple operation
- Prism search by AutoSearch
- Most stable lock on prism for construction layout tools
- Tailored iCON build software with streamlined use of fully rendered models in IFC format
- Telescope for simpler aiming
Swap the conventional measuring methods for new modern technology that is easy to use. The iCT30 allows you to move from conventional analogue layout methods, such as tapes, plumb bobs and strings to modern digital layout methods. Turn complex designs easily into reality with the Leica iCON iCT30 construction layout tool.
Leica iCON build field software has been designed specifically for use in the building construction industry. The software offers a streamlined use of fully rendered models in IFC format, allowing the operator to work with the model directly and easily in the field.
Layout and measure more points per day. The iCT30 features the best prism lock for construction layout tools to protect against interferences from foreign reflections.
The integrated telescope simplifies and thus speeds up reflectorless layout tasks and the aiming to certain spots.